Friday, August 6, 2010

Huh?

That's the reaction I get when I start talking about my inner Bag Lady...  "Huh?  What do you mean?"

The deal is, I think we all have her... She's stinky, dirty, not worthy of much and no one really wants to keep her lonely old soul company.  She is that homeless woman wandering from street to street pushing a squealing cart full of garbage that she treasures as her only possessions.  She was once someone's daughter at the very least, not to mention someone's mother, sister, auntie or grandmother, but somehow she has gotten lost.

Lost in the trappings of today's on-demand lifestyle.  She has been burdened by the filth of poor choices, bad attitudes and misunderstandings, pushing a cart full of garbage that she finds so onerous and yet cannot seem to let go of.  She is that woman that we pass by and shake our heads, "But for the grace of God..."

Well, folks... It is absolutely the grace of the Almighty I am talking about!  We all have made our bad choices, chosen ill fitting attitudes and opinions and we all can use a good scrubbing by God himself to unburden our tired, worn out, ragged hearts.

The biggest blessing of all?   God WANTS us to come before his immaculate Throne Room to bask in His loving glory and unburden our hearts while He comforts and instructs us on to better things.  He is waiting for us to march our tired feet into His presence, no matter how dirty or unworthy we may feel at the time.  God's desire is to see us kneeling before Him, refreshed by his purpose and love, ready to bring glory to Him.

I am ready to  begin my journey into that glorious presence, and I hope you will come along with me...

No comments:

Post a Comment